Art of Mastery


According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. - 1 Corinthians 3:10

We are to be expert builders but it takes mastery to be one. Mastery is about doing basic things and doing it well. We have to be able to do something even without any paraphernalia available. In our class, we were asked what area would we want to improve on and here's a share of my view.

If there is one thing that I want to improve on, it would be on the area of Leadership Development. Here are three reasons why I wanted to improve on this area:    



Passing the baton. I can never forget what my victory group leader said to me when I was still a student - “Train others so that they can become a greater leader than who you are.” This had made an imprint in my life that it changed how I view discipleship - that it is not about me. Some great leaders in the Bible had done great things that honored God but since the baton was not passed, the rulers that came after them did not see the essence of serving God and so they did what was pleasing to their sight. 
I want the generations after me to walk in a manner that’s far greater than how my generation walked.I do not want them to live selfishly that they would just keep God’s goodness to themselves and not pass it on to others.   

Crossing the finish line together. I’ve learned that as I train them to become the leaders that God wanted them to be, I have to walk side by side them. I want to grow in my relationship with God and I want to lead with the next generation.   

Leading with the thought of leaving. It dawned on me that the vision that God has given me far exceeds the lifetime that I have and so I do not want this vision to die as soon as my life ends. I wanted what we have started in the campus/nations to continually grow. 

With these reasons, I have thought of three simple things that I can start doing as I start to improve on leadership development. This involves casting the vision to the next generation, to involve them with ministry works and to start treating them as part of the team.      

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram