Why Strong Christians Fail




People who had a passionate encounter with Jesus but were either too choked up by the cares of this world or too delighted by the world tend to talk about their relationship with God in past tense. The “I used to be’s” and the “I used to do’s” were their common phrases. For them, an encounter with Jesus was a temporary spiritual achievement but not an eternal relationship.

It’s like starting a race without finishing it. Instead of looking straight on the finish line, they get too carried away by the crowd on the sidelines. Some may be too depressed by all the booing and others too overwhelmed by all the cheering.

Now therefore, listen to me,my children; Pay attention to the words of my mouth:
Do not let your heart turn aside to her ways, Do not stray into her paths;
For she has cast down many wounded and all who were slain by her were strong men.
Proverbs 7:25-26

Choked up by the world? Read the Word of God and be reminded of your identity. Don’t crave for any out-of-the-ordinary and mind-blowing experience. You don’t live by what you feel – if you do then it would no longer be called FAITH. The Bible works with all simplicity.

Overwhelmed by the world? Desiring for worldly things? Read the Word of God and respond in humility. Pride is a vehicle that takes you to wander-land.
                     
For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity (and purity) that is in Christ.
2 Corinthians 11:2


I hope that one day, I would once again hear us talk about God as our present and our future (not our past).

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram