1.1 Overcoming Fear



We all have fears in life. And, just like everyone else, we have the option to overcome it or not. I can still remember the first few weeks when I got here in Cebu- fear became clingier than before. My family is not here, my friends are not here and top that off, I don’t have a job! I was so overwhelmed with fear that I forgot who I was in Christ and what He did for me.

It was my second day in Cebu that I started to pass my resume to certain companies but before I went out of my room and into the street, I sulked and cried because I’m scared that maybe no one would hire me and that maybe I would go back to Gensan after 2 weeks because I can’t find a job. I was literally battling with myself whether to get out of the door of my room and go to companies (which I had searched online for in advance) to pass my resume. The Lord just comforted me with a verse in Psalm 16:11, - “You will show me the path of life. In your presence is fullness of joy. At your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”

I went to pass my resume to San Miguel Corp., Coca-Cola, Nature’s Spring, Sheridan Mktg., Mini Cooper, BCI Asia. I had to go through all the process of waiting and trust me it has never been quick. I got no response from the first two companies and I have to go through a series of exams and assessments for the last four companies that I applied to. Waiting is agonizing because you don’t know what will happen but the Lord just reminded me a verse in Psalm 130: 6 that says, “My soul waits for the Lord. More than those who watch for the morning – Yes, more than those who watch for the morning.”

To make the long story short, I got the job in Mini Cooper and BCI Asia. Now, I have to pick between the job that I really want (M.Cooper) but won’t give me the time and luxury to go to campus and the job that I just like (BCI) but would give me ample time to go to campus and enough financial resources to go through with my daily living. Choosing between good and better is hard and there were doubts and fear in my mind to make the wrong decision.  Though the status of working for Mini Cooper as an executive assistant would look good on my FB page but I chose the latter because of the reasons I stated above. There are seasons in life when we’re too conscious whether a particular decision is God’s will or not. We’re fearful that if we make the wrong decision God would not bless us. That’s not true because “whatever” decisions you make as long as it honors God, He will bless it – that’s Grace.





You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram